Once you have your website up online, you need to drive people to your site and there are many ways to do this.
Select Below Or Use The Sub Menu Above
MoreShare - Share links with friends on social networks? Generate free high quality targeted visitors to your website at the same time! Get started today!
EZ Ad Board - Allows you to post 2 free ads daily. They rotate randomly on the homepage. Also allows you to add Banner ads and Hotlinks!
General Traffic Tips
- Make quality comments on niche Blog posts and forums. Remember to include your site URL in the post.
- Write and give away a free eBook or report. Make sure it is quality content and that you have branded it with your sites URL. You can then send this eBook to your subscribers or submit it to eBook directories.
- Write articles about your niche and submit to the article exchanges. Make sure you include your website URL in the resource box, when you submit the article.
- Create an audio of some of your best articles and offer other webmasters a free audio ad in the audio in exchange for giving it away to their subscribers. [Audacity - Create your MP3's for free.]
- Contact small offline newsletter sources and submit articles to them.
- Write quality content for your site, that has good keywords in it. The more quality content your site has, the better the chances of getting better search engine rankings.
- Submit your site and content to the Social Networks. You can use Social Bookmarking sites to submit to many social networks at a time.
- If you are attending teleseminars, never overlook the opportunity to ask questions. This is a good time to mention your name and website address.
- Start a free eZine and use it to advertise affiliate programs that you belong to. Advertise your eZine on your web site, the eZine directories and on the eZine announce lists.
- Have your web address and information printed on pens. You can then give these away and people will always be reminded of your site when they use them.
- Put your ad on all your freebies, and then allow other people to give these away as bonuses for products they sell.
- Create a more graphic eZine or eMagazine in PDF format and offer it to your visitors. You can offer advertising from other sites for promoting the eMagazine.
- Submitting your site to Traffic Exchanges, can get you many visitors, but not always the ones you want.
- Google your top keywords for your site and then try to exchange links with the top 10 sites that come up on that search term.
- Have a bumper sticker or magnetic sign made up with your website information on it. You can then advertise as you drive around in your car.
- Sign a complimentary sites Guest Book, and leave a valid comment on it. Many allow you to have a link back to your site.
- Create a directory of freebies on your website, people love freebies. You can then get other sites to submit freebies in exchange for a link to your site.
- Create how-to pages on your site that are optimized for specific keywords.
- Make at least 50% of your site original, so visitors will keep returning, as they can't get your content elsewhere.
- Use Banners and Text Ad exchanges to promote your site. You can also can use these on normal Traffic Exchanges.
- Offline advertising in newspapers, free-ads etc.
- Tell you friends and family to promote your website.
- Host competitions on your website and promote to the many competition portals available on the web.
- Offer bonuses to regular visitors to your site. These can be weekly etc. and get them to sign up to be notified of the bonus. You can create your own bonus or give away eBooks and software you have rights to distribute.
- Create other websites that compliment your main site and link back to your main site. Promote the other sites with articles etc.
- Allow your original content or eBooks to be used on other sites, as long as your site details and link are included.
- Exchange ads with other newsletter providers. You send out their ad in your newsletter for an ad in their newsletter.
- Get your business or web site featured in the news. Hold a fundraiser or other event that would be of interest to the public. Write a press release about your event and submit it to a media outlet that would reach your target audience.
- Always include your signature on every e-mail you send. Be sure it includes your business name, phone number, e-mail and web address.
- Try to use text links on other websites to link back to yours, they are more effective than banners. Try to include some good keywords in the text link.
- Keep visitors returning to your site. Have a bookmark prompt on the page, add a forum, message board or anything else to get visitors to interact with the site.
- Partner with other similar sites in your niche. They could then sell your products for percentage of the sale.
- Find some experts in your niche and arrange for them to answer questions from your visitors. These could be emailed in and the questions could be published or made into a video or MP3.
- Visit forums or discussion boards and ask other people to evaluate your site. Look at any negative feedback as a positive way to improve your site and get more visitors in the future.
- Post your adverts on as many online classifieds sites as you can.
- Join a web ring with similar sites in your niche.
- Sign up for site awards in your niche. If you win anything you can publish your award on your site and the award site will also give you links back to your site.
- People love to save money, so if you can show how they can save money with your website or product then let them know.
Traffic Generation Mistakes to Avoid
- Do not join link farm websites or groups of websites that link to every other site that links to them or joins them. These types of links are detrimental to your search engine rankings, as search engines analyze all your links and if they are not relevant or reputable, then your ranking will suffer.
- Do not use duplicate content on your sites, make sure that you change the content that you use to make it more unique, as some search engines do mark you down for this.
- Do not stuff your content with keywords, many search engines will recognise you have done this and it will penalize you for it. All articles should be written naturally and then when you finish it, you can add some keywords into positions where they best fit.
Article Directory Sites
Bookmarking sites are an easy way for you to get your site and content noticed on the web. With a simple submission you can promote your site to many of the major social networks.
OnlyWire allows you to spread to content to many social sites in one easy step.
SocialMarker.com - Allows you to quickly promote your site to 48 social networks with one simple submission, all for free.
Other Traffic Sources
More traffic sources not yet categorised.
YouTube Tsunami - A great method for driving massive amounts of traffic to your site.
FreeTellaFriend - Add a free simple button to your site, so visitors can automatically e-mail their friends about your website.
Traffic Zipper - Make getting website traffic easy with The Traffic machine.
TubeMogul - Free service that provides a single point for deploying uploads to the top video sharing sites.
Linktive - A fast, simple way to grow your business by creating a neighborhood of sites around your site, that you control.
Free Press Release - Online Press Release Distribution Service
Improve your Google Adwords campaigns by using SpyFu to spy on your competitors ad campaigns.